Your Nonprofit Web site is a key part to your communications technique. Use the Three Cs to judge your present web site and as a part of the planning course of as you progress forward with maximizing the worth of the Web for constructing your group.
Your web site is a hub to your web communications. In your publication, social media, e mail signatures, hyperlink again to your web site to convey folks to your web site. As soon as the individual is visiting your web site they have to see data that’s partaking and precious to THEM.
- Establish your target market(s) and their wants
- Your house web page should have your key message that speaks to the positioning customer
- Have newest updates out there from the house web page – main in to the particular areas of the positioning
- Replace your web site frequently with information and modifications. Assign somebody to evaluation the web site frequently to make certain that it displays your present state of affairs.
- Think about integrating Social media similar to your Fb web page and Twitter feed together with your web site
- Present strategies for two manner communications – see the Calls to Motion part under
You might have simply seconds to seize and maintain the eye of the individual visiting your web site. First impressions DO rely. The individual should see in a really quick time that the web site is of curiosity to THEM.
Listed here are a couple of ideas on constructing credibility:
- Look skilled – and acceptable to your goal audiences
- Present straightforward navigation to all areas of the positioning
- Proofread your content material to make sure there aren’t any typos, spelling errors, paragraph formatting errors
- Examine that each one the interior and exterior hyperlinks are working. Keep in mind that in your hyperlinks to EXTERNAL websites – their hyperlink could change.
- Use graphics, pictures, video, colours, fonts, structure for knowledgeable look
Keep in mind that the individual is judging your group and functionality by what they see in your web site. You wish to create knowledgeable and credible presence that encourages them to spend their time and interact with you in a roundabout way.
Name to Motion
What would you like folks to DO after they see and like your web site? You need the individual not solely to say “this group seems to be like they’re doing good work”. Individuals see a whole bunch and 1000’s of internet sites – how do you have interaction them and have them return. You wish to construct a relationship with the individual. Listed here are a couple of ideas on partaking the person and constructing that belief and curiosity.
- Ask them to bookmark the positioning
- Encourage them to join your e mail publication
- Add a contact type to allow them to ask a query or ask for assist
- Give a hyperlink to obtain a report – and so they give their e mail handle to obtain it
- Present a way to donate to your group – with a wide range of ranges
- Get them concerned with data and type on how you can develop into a volunteer
- Add a RSS signal as much as get updates on pages that you just replace usually
- Combine your Fb web page and Twitter feed and encourage folks to affix your social networks
Then you’ll want to comply with up by
- Sending them a publication and bulletins
- Present updates on donations and the way they’re used
- Add new stories and information
- Add common updates to the web site in order that an individual sees new and up to date data after they do return to the positioning